The fabric for this was completed last week. It was the first of the Final Collection, as it was the largest cushion, and the weave would be hand-manipulated and therefore time-consuming. I thought it best to get the tough one out of the way 🙂
Here, I sampled a couple of alternative lift plans, the top section produces a flemish bond brickwork pattern, the one below, a block pattern.
This design developed from exploring images of crumbling render which exposed brickwork and the opposite, patched brickwork, added into or around concrete or a rendered wall.
I love it!
It’s a requirement of the course, to examine and review work done primarily to identify what went right/wrong, what could be done differently. I have considered this very carefully and I am completely happy with it. Though if pushed, I might say that I wished I had made the contour (where the clasped wefts join) a little curvier.
……and here is the detail. The textured yarn is my own hand-spun Merino, which I made for this project.
This photograph was taken whilst the cloth was on the loom whereas the one above was taken in daylight – which explains the difference in colour